Welcome

This is the blog of prop artisan, theatre BFA technical production student, crafting-art junkie, and a newbie cosplay costumer Moondancer Drake. I love learning new techniques whenever I can, and here is where I share what I am learning on campus and off whether it be costuming, prop related, millinery tidbits, or even puppertry. Enjoy!

Monday, January 6, 2014

Worbla or Wonderflex

Okay I have been wondering the difference between Worbla and Wonderflex, beside the fact that Wonderflex is cheaper.







According to Kamui Cosplay, who does the BEST tutorial vids (Including how to use plastic wrap and masking tape to make patterns), Worbla is more flexible that Wonferflex, but because of this also more fragile. You have more freedom with Worbla, but also less strength. Like for example, in the video she makes the breast part of the armor over the acrylic half ball… she says you can't do that with Wonderflex. If I can afford to I think I'd like to get a bit of each product and see what works for which application. I am also curious if you can, using the heat gun, use the two types of Theroplastic fabric together.

As a side note, She also recommends beside the inner core of craft form, that several layers of gesso (sanded smooth for metal effects) are good for the outside of the Worbla… (below is one half plain Worbla, and one half 10 layers of gesso, sanded smooth… quite a difference)



and that smaller addictions can be done with Friendly Plastic or Worbla's Deco Art (also thermoplastics)


No comments:

Post a Comment