Welcome

This is the blog of prop artisan, theatre BFA technical production student, crafting-art junkie, and a newbie cosplay costumer Moondancer Drake. I love learning new techniques whenever I can, and here is where I share what I am learning on campus and off whether it be costuming, prop related, millinery tidbits, or even puppertry. Enjoy!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Falcor Puppet

I am so tired of sewing on sequins, but I finally finished my Falcor puppet.  He's a sock style puppet which goes all the way up my arm to my shoulder. The body and head are a mix of white craft fur and lame, with white leather used for the features. I sewed the scales/sequins one at a time over the lame and secured each with hot glue. I used model magic for the claws, though next time I think I want to try something different for that. I am concerned about it being more fragile then I'd like.




No comments:

Post a Comment