Welcome

This is the blog of prop artisan, theatre BFA technical production student, crafting-art junkie, and a newbie cosplay costumer Moondancer Drake. I love learning new techniques whenever I can, and here is where I share what I am learning on campus and off whether it be costuming, prop related, millinery tidbits, or even puppertry. Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dangerous Liaisons - footstool build pt. 2

Okay next part of the footstool build involves turning it from a bunch of wood into something that one might find comfy enough to actually rest their feet on. This began with something I first started to get any experience with in puppetry… the Foam.




The top is 1/2 inch foam cut toe the shape of the plywood top and spray adhesives on.  Around the side I used poly batting like you might use for a quilt in thin layers to make the edges look smooth and rounder.


Next came layer after layer of the cotton batting, a process that was surprisingly fun and even relaxing. It was a slow shaping process, easy to fix mistakes, and more touch then visual, which are both aspects I like. One I got both footstools looking the same shape all that was left of this part of the process was the muslin covering…




No comments:

Post a Comment